Yes; the Alerts page is where you can configure the alert settings, which enables a user to setup email and SMS notifications. These notifications will be sent to a list of email addresses and phone numbers based on the options enabled.
Creating New Alerts
You can add alerts using the New Alert button. The newly created alert will then be added to the table.
1. Click on the New Alert button.
2. The Create Alert dialog will then be shown.
3. Type the Name of the new alert.
4. Check options:
a. Select options that Alerts should be based on:
- If Terminals is selected, then all drivers under the chosen terminal(s) will be monitored for that alert setup.
- If Drivers is selected, then all the chosen drivers will be monitored for that alert setup.
b. Enable or disable at least one (1) of the Available Alerts
- Violation Warning- enabling this will send a notification when a monitored driver is about to commit a violation. This is sent one (1) hour prior to the violation.
- Violation Notification- enabling this will send a notification when a monitored driver has committed a violation. This is sent during the violation.
- DVIR Failure- enabling this will send a notification whenever a monitored driver has performed a DVIR that has been marked failed.
- Pre-Trip DVIR- enabling this will send a notification whenever a monitored driver has used equipment without performing a PRE-TRIP DVIR.
c. Unidentified Driving Mode- enabling this will send a notification whenever any of the accounts’ drivers goes to Unidentified Driving Mode.
5. Fill in the Email Address or SMS Number. All email addresses or SMS numbers entered in this section will be the recipient of the Alert Notifications.
Note: It is not required to have both of these fields filled in, either is acceptable.
6. Click on the Save button to save the Alert. You can also click on the Close button to cancel adding the alert.