Please find the installation instruction video below
To install the MGNOBDBA dongle, use the following instructions:
- Before installing your dongle, make sure
- Your vehicle power is OFF
- Your Magellan HOS App is OFF
- You DO NOT pair the Bluetooth in tablet or phone settings but make sure the Bluetooth settings are turned on (the connection WILL pair in the HOS app)
- Your vehicle is parked on level ground
- DO NOT install dongle while operating your vehicle in anyway.
- Attach the dongle to a J1939, J1708, or OBDII standard using the Microfit 10-pin connector.
- Insert the other end of the cable into the appropriate J1939, J1708, or OBDII port on your vehicle to connect the Magellan dongle to your vehicle.
- Note: The LED will flash RED while acquiring GPS. Once a signal is locked, the light will turn solid RED. A flashing GREEN LED indicates power.
- Make sure the device is plugged in before turning on the vehicle's engine.
- The LED will quickly flash GREEN, indicating vehicle bus activity. Once solid, the device has been registered and you can launch the HOS app.
- For power management reasons, the LED may not always stay on.
- Once the dongle is connected, launch the Magellan Hours of Service app on your device.
- Tap "Connect" on the top right of the HOS app.
- Tap "MGNOBDBA" from Supported VBUS Devices and then tap "Next."
- Select "MGNOBDBA" and then tap "Connect"
See the attached "MGNOBDBA Dongle Quick Start Guide"