The engine port, where you connect your J1939 (9-pin)/J1708 (6-pin) cable or OBDII dongle, is located in one of the following four areas (location varies by vehicle): (1) below left side of dashboard, (2) below the steering wheel, (3) close to the driver's kick panel, or (4) under the driver's seat.
Articles in this section
- What will happen if my ELDConnect Dongle respond to battery issues, such as an ELD battery dying due to high temperatures or when charge power runs out?
- What materials do I need to install the Magellan Dongle?
- What trucks are compatible with the Magellan Dongle?
- What is the difference between the J1939, J1708, and OBDII connections?
- Where is the engine port located?
- How to install the Magellan Dongle?
- What if the MGNOBDBA dongle isn't receiving power?
- What if I don't see the MGNOBDBA dongle in the list of supported VBUS devices?
- How to obtain a VBUS readout?
- My HOS app readout doesn't match the vehicle's readout (MPH, RPM, etc.)?